We’d like to invite you and your employees to our two-day Mental Health First Aid course.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
It will help to break the stigma of mental ill health in the workplace by teaching colleagues how to have non-judgemental conversations about stress, anxiety, depression and related subjects.
MHFA isn’t intended to teach you how to be a therapist, but it will teach you how to listen, reassure, and respond in a crisis just like physical first aid.
Course attendees will also learn where to signpost people to should they require further help and support.
Our qualified MHFA instructor will also keep you safe and supported while you learn through a mixture of group activities, presentations and discussions.
Upon completion of the course, you’ll receive a manual and workbook to refer to at any time, and a certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
What you’ll learn:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Name: Adult MHFA Two Day course
Dates: 4thand 5thSeptember 2019
Venue: London Space Centre, 94 Judd Street, London, WC1H 9PS
Available places: 12 people (max)
The cost of the course if you wish to attend is £350 plus VAT.
Places are limited, so please register your interest here as soon as you can.