Contact us for: Employment Law & HR training HR Consultancy Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Leadership Coaching Wellbeing & Mental Health First Aid
First Aid Courses
Call now to enquire or book:
020 7060 6200
Complete the form below to learn more about our range of open or online MHFA courses.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA training won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended our Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
We offer MHFA training courses in London, Gateshead and other locations throughout the UK.
Mental Health First AiderEquips designated Mental Health First Aiders with the skills to spot the signs of a range of mental health issues, and the knowledge to guide a person to appropriate support.
- 2 x days (face to face)
- 4 x half day session (online)
- Suitable for 8 -16 delegates
MHFA ChampionsEquips managers with the skills and confidence to spot when someone on their team is struggling and know how and when to offer support.
- 1 x day (face to face)
- 2 x 0.5 day sessions (online)
- Suitable for 8 -16 delegates
Mental Health AwarenessEnables your employees and managers to tackle the stigma of mental ill health, and empowers people to access the support they may need.
- 1 x 0.5 day session (face to face)
- 1 x 0.5 day session (online)
- Suitable for 8 - 25 delegates
What will I learn?
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. What you learn will depend on the length of Mental Health First Aid course you attend. (*Scroll through our three available MHFA courses below)
• A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
• Knowledge and confidence to provide Mental Health First Aid for common mental health issues.
• An understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive wellbeing.
• A workbook, reference manual and quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
• An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
• A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
• An introduction to looking after their own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
• Confidence to offer support to someone in distress
How will attending an MHFA course help?
Research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA training course:
In addition to the Adult Mental Health First Aid two day course, we also offer shorter training options including a one day MHFA Champions course and a half day awareness course. All courses can be delivered either face to face or online to ensure we can provide a completely flexible approach to your training requirements.